CMF is a full service facility that caters to the needs of dressage and event riders and their horses. Rates for specific services are listed at the bottom of this page. While we try to keep the data on this page up-to-date, please contact Debi (256-679-3348) for the most current information.
Cotton Meadows Farms offers boarding opportunities to motivated, enthusiastic riders with common interests. We offer full board only. Please refer to the Facilities page for detailed info and photos of the facilities.
Full service board includes the following:
- Spacious 12′ X 12′ stalls with rubber mats
- Excellent ventilation with commercial grade fans in each stall
- Heated water buckets in stalls in the winter
- Overhead fly spray system in stalls
- Stall cleaned at least once daily
- Horses fed twice daily with a quality balanced feed. Supplements and special feeds are fed at the owner’s expense with no credit given
- Daily turnout in small groups with other horses. Private turnout possible for additional fee
- Daily blanket changes as needed in winter
- Timothy/orchard/ mixed grass hay as needed
- Mineral blocks provided in turnout
- Use of full sized lighted indoor dressage arena
- Use of lighted outdoor dressage arena with mirrors
- Use of 250′ X 150′ outdoor stadium ring & jumps
- Use of 26 acre field with cross county jumps for schooling and conditioning
- Use of 65′ diameter round pen
- Use of boarder tack room with sink, saddle racks, bridle racks, heat & AC, refrigerator, and dehumidifier.
- Use of bathroom & shower in main barn
- Use of indoor wash stalls with hot water
- Other care and maintenance can be arranged at predetermined costs
Debi Crowley is available for both dressage and jumping lessons as well as for coaching at local shows, horse trials, and dressage shows. Debi and her students travel regularly for competitions and cross country jump schooling. Please see thePeople page for details on Debi’s riding experience and qualifications. Please schedule lessons with Debi either by e-mail (email@example.com) or phone (256-679-3348).
Working Student Position
The duties of a CMF working student include all aspects of horse care and stable management including feeding, tacking/untacking, handling young horses, mucking, grooming at shows, wound/injury care, etc. Some riding of young horses is possible if experience permits. CMF offers private living quarters including utilities, a stall for your horse, weekly lessons, coaching at shows, hauling to shows when a trailer space is available, and a small salary.
In order to work at CMF, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic with a positive attitude
- At least 18 yrs old
- Physically fit
- Have access to a horse
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Be a US Citizen
- Have health insurance
- No arrests or DUIs
Please contact Debi Crowley via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone between 7:00 and 9:00 PM CST (256-679-3348) if interested.
Monthly Board Rates
|Full Board (Indoor Arena Barn and Main Barn)
($25 discount for multiple horses)
Until 1/1/19 $625
|Partial Self Care Board (Small Barn)
Horse owner responsible for cleaning stalls, shavings provided
Other Services offered by Debi Crowley
|Full Training Board (limited availability)||
|Short Term Training Board (< 1 month) Includes private paddock (required)||
|Short Term Board (limited, no turn-out)||