CMF is a full service facility that caters to the needs of dressage and event riders and their horses. Rates for specific services are listed at the bottom of this page. While we try to keep the data on this page up-to-date, please contact Debi (256-679-3348) for the most current information.
Cotton Meadows Farms offers boarding opportunities to motivated, enthusiastic riders with common interests. We offer full board only. Please refer to the Facilities page for detailed info and photos of the facilities.
Full service board includes the following:
- Spacious 12′ X 12′ stalls with rubber mats
- Excellent ventilation with commercial grade fans in each stall
- Heated water buckets in stalls in the winter
- Overhead fly spray system in stalls
- Stall cleaned at least once daily
- Horses fed twice daily with a quality balanced feed. Supplements and special feeds are fed at the owner’s expense with no credit given
- Daily turnout in small groups with other horses. Private turnout possible for additional fee
- Daily blanket changes as needed in winter
- Timothy/orchard grass hay as needed
- Mineral blocks provided in turnout
- Use of full sized lighted indoor dressage arena
- Use of lighted outdoor dressage arena with mirrors
- Use of 250′ X 150′ outdoor stadium ring & jumps
- Use of 26 acre field with cross county jumps for schooling and conditioning
- Use of 65′ diameter round pen
- Use of boarder tack room with sink, saddle racks, bridle racks, heat & AC, refrigerator, and dehumidifier.
- Use of upstairs lounge which overlooks the indoor arena. Lounge has heat & AC and a TV with VCR/ DVD player.
- Use of bathroom & shower in main barn
- Use of indoor wash stalls with hot water
- Other care and maintenance can be arranged at predetermined costs
We do occasionally make arrangements with boarders who would like to work off a portion of their board or lessons by helping with barn chores. Please contact Debi if you are interested in doing this.
Training / Sales Board
Debi has ridden at the Advanced level of eventing and through Prix St. George dressage. She also has extensive experience training young horses and thoroughbreds off the track. Please refer to the People page for more details on her riding experience and qualifications.
Horses in training with Debi are ridden exclusively by her with a minimum of 4 rides per week. They are turned out approximately 12 hrs/day in small groups. Private paddock turn-out is available for an additional fee.
If an owner also wishes to sell a horse, the standard training board fee applies as well as a 5% sales commission when the horse sells. Expenses related to advertising and showing are the responsibility of the owner.
Special consideration may be given to experienced dressage or event horses that are currently showing at the upper levels.
Please contact Debi for additional details.
Debi Crowley is available for both dressage and jumping lessons as well as for coaching at local shows, horse trials, and dressage shows. Debi and her students travel regularly for competitions and cross country jump schooling. Please see thePeople page for details on Debi’s riding experience and qualifications. Please schedule lessons with Debi either by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (256-679-3348).
Working Student Position
The duties of a CMF working student include all aspects of horse care and stable management including feeding, tacking/untacking, handling young horses, mucking, grooming at shows, wound/injury care, etc. Some riding of young horses is possible if experience permits. CMF offers private living quarters including utilities, a stall for your horse, 2 lessons per week, coaching at shows, hauling to shows when a trailer space is available, and a small salary.
In order to work at CMF, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic with a positive attitude
- At least 18 yrs old
- Physically fit
- Have access to a horse
- Have a valid driver’s license
- US Citizen
- Must have health insurance
- No arrests or DUIs
Please contact Debi Crowley via e-mail (email@example.com) or phone between 7:00 and 9:00 PM CST (256-679-3348) if interested.
|Full Board (indoor arena barn)
($50 discount for multiple horses)
|Full Board (Small Barn)||
|Full Training Board
(Minimum of 4 rides per week)
Other Services offered by Debi Crowley
|Short Term Training Board (< 1 month) Includes private paddock (required)||
|Short Term Board (limited, no turn-out)||
|Private Lesson (45 mins, client’s horse)||
|Private Lesson (45 mins, CMF horse)||
|Semi-private Lesson (jumping only, 60 mins)||
|Lunge Lesson (30 mins, client’s horse)||
|Coaching (Dressage Show)||
$50/day + expenses
$30/phase + expenses
|Facility Fee (non-boarders) Non-boarders are only permitted to school cross country in a lesson.||
$10 (per horse daily)
|Video Analysis of Lesson or Show||
|Consultation (horse hunting, etc)||
$250/day + expenses
(For farrier, vet, equine, denist, chiropractor, etc)
|Local Hauling Fee (limited)||
|Monthly Private Paddock Turnout||
|Trimming (Face, ears, mane pull)||